The Order was founded in 1216 by a Spanish priest, Dominic de Guzman, after whom the Dominican University is named. He promoted university education by sending members of his Order for research, teaching and writing in Europe’s pioneer universities of Paris, Oxford, Bologna, etc.
- To be a university that assists Nigeria to achieve the greatness her potential warrants.
- To promote and coordinate research and teaching in the sciences, humanities and management.
- To transform Nigeria’s ethnic and religious diversity from a liability to an asset.
- To be a driving force for national integration and development.
- The principle that human and social development is rooted in intellectual, ethical and technical formation.
- The conviction that development depends on research and teaching that critically use the intellectual achievements of the past and the present.
- To provide high standard of learning, research, acquisition of specialized skills and comprehensive training of students empowering them to foster practical application of knowledge and skill to the benefit of humanity
- To run outstanding and innovative programmes through a curriculum that respects the value of every student and promotes national integration and harmony in a multi-cultural society
- To promote technical, managerial and professional competence
- To provide education for all persons without distinction of race, creed, gender, political conviction, or physical disability
- to undertake other activities appropriate for teaching, research and community service as expected of a university of high standard
Dominican University science laboratory open for individual and group research
The Dominican University Laboratory is now open to scientists and laboratory technicians who wish to use it for research purposes. Our laboratory is available for use in running tests that requiring equipment such as Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy, Flame Photometer, Ultraviolet-Visible Spectroscopy and many others. Click below for more information
AVAILABLE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS
Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy Analysis @ #120 per element
Available Elements: Zinc (Zn), Lead, Manganese, Magnesium, Cobalt, Iron, Cadmium, Chromium, Nickel, Aluminum, Beryllium, Lithium, Copper, Platinum, Scanadium, Titanium, Vanadium.
Ultraviolet-Visible Spectroscopy @ #300 per element
Available Compounds: Phosphate, Sulphate, Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrogen, and Nitrite.
Analysis Using Photometer @ #120 per sample
Available Elements: Sodium and Potassium.
Analysis Using Soxhlet Extractor @ #2000 (with solvent)
Analysis Using Rotary Evaporator @ #1000 per sample.
Chemicals available in the laboratory
Phytochemicals @ #800: Phenol, Tannins, Alkaloids, Flavonoids, Saponins, Cyanide and Oxalate.
Distilled Water @ #100 per liter
Deionized water @ #300 per liter.
Kindly click here for quick access to this information